Dublin is a city that stood strong to tragic moments of separation, famine, violence, drugs. But as all efforts pay off, now it is a moment to shine bright.
I had a pretty short encounter with the city, but the second I saw its beauty, I knew it is not the last time I am here.
Things to consider when traveling here:1. People are super nice. It might seem that people on the island, where it rains most of the time can be rude, but no! People are really nice.
1. People are super nice. It might seem that people on the island, where it rains most of the time can be rude, but no!
2. The life is freaking expensive. I have no clue how they manage their budgets when a pint of beer costs 8-11 euros!
3. But I have to admit – Irish Guinness is the best! I had a tour to the place where it is being made.
4. The colourful doors. There are several legends to it, but the one I liked the most is: drunk men after crazy parties at Irish pubs used to confuse own doors as numbers weren’t visible, thus their wives decided to colour their doors. Now the city is even brighter. And that what Dublin is famous for.
5. Many cool companies are located in Dublin: Google, Apple, PcW, Facebook, etc. Why? Low taxes.
6. The city is very modern, only a few buildings of ancient times are left.
7. Dublin is the first city where I saw so many young people on the streets. That’s right, majority of population is under 35 years old.
8. People are beautiful both inside and outside. A lot of handsome men, I must admit!
9. Taxis are freaking expensive, you can actually walk and don’t whine about the distances, people in Russia walk way longer distances.
10. Irish people are very proud of their culture and it is something to be proud of.